Anyone that has been interested in buying beef in bulk, have you ever heard of cow-pooling? Would you be interested in learning more? It basically works like this… one person expresses interest in buying in bulk to receive the best price on beef but maybe they do not need or have a place to store a whole or a half. We offer them a way to invite friends to split the shares down to as small as 1/8th but still have the BULK BEEF cost saving advantage. It would work much like a “beef party” of sorts. You would have a certain amount of time to sell your shares to get the best price and the organizer would get a $100 value coupon redeemable for product in addition to their share. If the shares from your cow-pooling party did not sell you would not be responsible for paying anything and you could then try again if you would like.
1/8th Beef Share
1/4 Beef Share
1/2 Beef Share
Steaks – Are packaged 2 steaks per pack averaging 6-8oz per steak. (Tenderloin averages 5 oz.)
Roasts – Range in weight from 1.75-3.25 lbs each depending on roast cut
Other Items that might be included in your bundles as bonus items would be: cube steak, thin sliced top round for breakfast steaks or Philly cheese steaks, all natural bratwurst, mock tender steak, chuck steak, signature seasoned ground beef sweet Italian or chorizo, beef breakfast sausage (YOU WILL ALWAYS RECEIVE A VALUE ADDED ITEM(S) TO EXPERIENCE)
Once your Cow Pool is active and you’ve sent out invitations you will have one month to fill your Cow Pool. Remember, the people you ask to be a part of your Cow Pool can also invite other people to participate. The opportunities are endless!
Typically, it takes 4 -6 people to fill a Cow Pool. That’s it! (The # of shares to equal a whole cow for example: You want a 1/4 and your brother wants a 1/2 that only leaves you with 1/4 or two 1/8 to fill your pool.)
An 1/8th Beef Share is perfect for the beef enthusiast or couple.
A 1/4 Beef Share is great for a small family.
A 1/2 Beef Share is the right size for a large family or a group of friends who want to try a little of this and a little of that!
When people commit to either a 1/8th, 1/4 or 1/2 beef share. Collect all of their contact information Name, Address, Contact Phone #, email address, Size of Share, Preferred method of payment. We will send them an invoice for payment when your pool is full. (They will have the option to pay via PayPal, Square, we accept all major credit and debit cards by personal check or cash) After all payments are received your cow pool will close.
Once the Cow Pool is full the people participating in the Cow Pool will receive an email inviting them to schedule their pick up date/time at our Farm or for an additional charge based upon desired share we will gladly ship to their door step for actual shipping charges. If someone has a shipping quote questions please have them contact us.
The beef comes fresh frozen and wrapped in vacuum sealed packaging. Each piece is labeled with the cut and weight. It will come packaged in a box(s), easy to load into your vehicle.
Once you’ve scheduled your pick up you will receive confirmation and also a reminder email the day prior. When you arrive at our Farm we will assist you in loading your beef share out to your vehicle. The beef will come packaged in a box(es) depending on your share size. There is no need to bring a cooler unless you don’t plan to travel home shortly after picking up. Easy!
1/8th Beef Share: 2 cubic feet
1/4 Beef Share: 3.5 cubic feet
1/2 Beef Share: 7 cubic feet
Yes, the more the merrier! As a Cow Pool participant you also invite friends, family, neighbors, etc. to join in on the Cow Pool.
Although no one is financially bound to this Cow Pool until it is full – don’t give up! You have three weeks to fill it – that’s a lot of time. Remember you can (and should) ask the people that have signed up for a share in your Cow Pool to send it out to their friends, too!
WHAT IS NEXT?
- Choose the option for yourself that you are most interested in this will give you a starting point of how many additional shares you may need to fill your pool.
- Create a Plan to spread the word, friends at work, church, on social media, email contacts encourage them also to help you spread the word.
- Collect basic information from those interested in joining your pool and those who just ask questions we may to follow-up with them to make sure they are not interested should you have a difficult time filling your pool.
- You are encouraged and welcome to any of our pictures past post website materials etc. to use on email, social media post etc. to generate interest in your pool. Maybe even create a FaceBook Event page (WE SUGGEST YOU NAME IT YOUR NAME A&M FARMS GRASS FED BEEF COW POOL and invite friends, be sure to invite us also and we will gladly help promote, answer questions etc.
- You will learn quickly that there are a lot of questions regarding our process. What makes our beef stand apart from the competition etc.? So the use of the AGA Certified Producer Logo and making sure that people understand that this is a locally grown, grass fed and finished beef option, free of hormones and antibiotics and that we pride ourselves in transparency that is where our certifications set us apart from our competition. Don’t hesitate to lean on us when answering questions, we will be glad to help educate those that are interested in our farm and our process.
- Have fun spreading the word you are being an advocate for locally grown and produced food, you are leading the way in helping find you, your family and friends the most healthy beef option available at the most reasonable price available. You should take great pride in being a good steward.